Friday, January 14, 2011

Officially on sabbatical!

Well, my last day has come and gone...

Mixed feelings...

Scratch that - I'm just going to miss the people. So my feelings aren't really "mixed". It's simpler than that - it's two dimensional - I'm just going to miss the people, but the rest I'm mostly relieved to leave behind.

Looking back now, when I no longer have to face even another second of that job, I don't think it was all that bad at all. Certainly better than average for a mid-sized-corporate gig. But such is burnout. In my case at least, it was a complex intersection of different frustrations. There's nothing to point as a single root cause (although one bad project from 2 years ago was probably a major catalyst), but lots of little things that built it up, over almost two years.

I don't think it's going to fully sink in until Monday, when I wake up and realise that I can just stay in bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment