Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Feeling unproductive

I decided a few days ago that I'm going to take the rest of March off, and then get seriously stuck into very intensive new technology study in April - starting with Ruby.

So now there are over two weeks to go, and I'm starting to feel quite lazy and unproductive. All I do is play World of Warcraft, run basic errands, and go for a long-ish walk every day. This was actually part of the strategy - to get so bored and unproductive, that getting back into programming feels like a real blessing and a relief. In the last two days, I've been starting to feel like that - and like it would be!

We have some friends of the family coming over in a couple of days, so that should break the time up a bit more. It really feels like I should wait until April until it gets really overwhelming. Getting to the point where I'm borderline depressed from the boredom would be ideal I think - it almost feels like there is a switch that has to trip, and it hasn't tripped yet. But if I jump the gun and get back into programming beforehand, I won't be cured.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had gone on a walkabout. Instead I just squat in this house in rural Indiana and read my 10 year old C++ for Dummies, hoping that I can learn enough to make money.

    ReplyDelete